January blog post

 January hours: 1.5

Total spring hours: 1.5

This month was a hard adjustment with being put on zoom again for an extended amount of time. I am so excited to go back to in person classes and see all of my classmates again. Being stuck in Mandeville with my parents has been quite a time but words can't express how ready I am to be back. The second week back two of my classmates and I picked up and went to the beach so we wouldn't be stuck at home any longer. It was a nice getaway but getting back into school mode was difficult for me. Especially with studying for the MCAT its hard to split up my time but its manageable. 

This month I volunteered at the animal shelter, I had to do the training and orientation which was emotional. I have a huge soft spot for homeless dogs especially pitbulls, which occupied 70% of the shelter, so I had a hard time leaving there.  Most of my dogs have been rescues so I felt like that was a good volunteer opportunity for me but it was heartbreaking. The first dog I took out immediately I knew I was going to get attached to some of the dogs there. 

I am mostly looking forward to the anesthesia module this coming semester because my dad is a nurse anesthetist and I have been to work with him a few times to shadow him. That's also the field of medicine I have always wanted to go into but I keep an open mind. If I am being honest I was not a huge fan of the endocrine module but I also had a hard time with the transition to zoom which may be the real reason for my feelings about the module.

Only a few more days till we are all back in the class room though so I’m really looking forward to it but January was pretty uneventful to say the least. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November blog post

October blog post

February Blog Post