February Blog Post

 February hours: 0 

Total hours: 1.5/12

This month I definitely enjoyed the anesthesia lectures the most. My dad is a nurse anesthetist and his best friend is an anesthesiologist at Children's Hospital and they both are role models in my life and I am really interested in that field of medicine. Most of the shadowing hours I have done are also in that area so it is cool to look back on those shadowing experiences and understand the pharmacology behind it. I really enjoyed the CNS simulation as well. I think it helps so much with and gives insight to the application of what we are learning but in a clinical setting. 

I was not able to get any volunteer hours this month but I have a few opportunities planned for next month. School work and MCAT studying has been taking up all of my time. On another note, Mardi Gras was really fun and my undergrad friends flew in from out of town to come for the weekend. I am so exhausted and sore from walking so much but I loved the parades and the floats are so cool but I’m glad it's over for me and only once a year.. I'm ready to get back into my study routine and really focus on the the MCAT with all of the Mardi Gras distractions out of the way. It's crazy to think about how we are almost done with this program when I feel like it started. I’m excited to see where we all end up next but graduating will be bittersweet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November blog post

October blog post