December blog post

December: 2 hours

Cumulative: 12 hours

I can’t believe we are already half way through the program. I’ve really enjoyed this program so far it’s bittersweet knowing we only have a few months left. It’s weird to think about how we all became friends so fast and will be parting ways relatively soon. 

We just learned about GI and cancer pharmacology which was really interesting. I worked at an endoscopy center for 2 years and so I was relatively familiar with some of the things we learned about like NSAIDs and H.Pylori in relation to stomach ulcers. About 6 months ago one of my good friends found out her dad has stage 4 liver cancer and as we were learning about cancer therapy my friend was giving me updates on what the doctors were saying about him and treatment. It was such a coincidence with the timing but it was somewhat comforting knowing what was going on in a medical sense. 

This month for community service Alex and I helped raise

money for Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge by running the Tiger 10K. It actually started as a bet when Alex and I registered, a few of our friends challenged each other to see who would stick with training for it and follow through. Alex and I were the only ones but I was happy I did it. I wasn’t a fan of running before this race but training for it made me appreciate it so much more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November blog post

October blog post

February Blog Post